Saturday, September 11, 2010

How God is in you and how will you take God with you where ever you go?

How God is in you and how will you take God with you where ever you go?

By: Scott Brown

1st Place Essay

Family Club Essay Contest -  May 22, 2007

How God is in you and how will you take God with you where ever you go?
Jesus is a model and I try to mimic him as humanly as possible. God loves me and expects me to love others with respect. We should live in a way that pleases God. He speaks to us through our teachers, friends, priests, and parents.
They guide us toward maturity. They help us in problem solving and appropriate behavior. I have control in adopting a good attitude.  Each of us has the power to choose a negative or positive attitude.
My attitude is my future and the key to my success. People in my daily life, help me to shape my attitude and outlook on life. I am encouraged by these mentors to set my goals and keeping Gods will for me. God has given me the innate ability to help others through patience, gentleness, and love. I make every effort to see God in everyone that I meet, and by trying to help them do better, I'm doing better myself. I must accept responsibility for my behavior. For I am judged on what I do, not from what I am.
I feel that I can make a difference in this world. I feel that I can make a difference in other people's lives and I can get something out of it. I'm fortunate, and very grateful to my parents for allowing me the privilege to continue my Catholic education at Justin- Siena High School.
The following is a quote from Thomas Merton which embodies my philosophy towards life."There is only one problem on which all my existence, my peace, and my happiness depend: to discover myself in discovering God. If I find Him I will find myself and if I find my true self I will find Him."
The following prayer by Francis of Assisi will help me meet my religion expectations in the future and the way I will relate to everyday living in my life. "Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred let me sow love, Where there is injury let sow pardon, Where there is doubt, faith, Where there is despair, hope, Where there is darkness, light, Where there is sadness, joy.    O divine master, Grant that I may not seek so much to be consoled as to console, To be understood to understand, To be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive, It is in forgiving that we are forgiven, And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment